What’s New at the 61st Annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
Largest In-water Boat Show Pulls Into Port Oct. 28 - Nov. 1, With Additional Entrances, Increased Dock Sizes and New AllSecure Health & Safety Standards
Published: Monday, October 5, 2020
Marking the first major marine event to take place since April 2020, the 61ST Annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS) is making its way to the “Yachting Capital of the World,” with changes for a better and safer event experience, Oct. 28 to Nov. 1. Produced by Informa Markets and owned by the Marine Industries Association of South Florida, FLIBS features the largest display of boats and new models and the latest in marine technology and accessories.
Here’s what’s new at this year’s Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show:
- Show Enhancements, Additional Entrances + Increased Dock Sizes – Recognized as the pinnacle of all nautical exhibitions, FLIBS spans nearly 90 acres, now accessible by 13 show entrances, making it easier than ever to safely navigate through the show. FLIBS is also increasing its six miles of floating docks to widths up to 30 feet along the face dock, allowing plenty of roomy walking space for a smooth and safe flow of traffic. Additionally, the show has added multiple concession locations including cafes and food and beverage enjoyment gardens.
- Transportation – To maintain social distancing, FLIBS has added more shuttle buses and water taxi services to transport guests safely around the show, while providing social distance seating between riders. Both forms of transportation will adhere to the new safety and health guidelines of the show, undergoing deep cleaning before guest board. Guests will have their temperature checked before and after water taxis rides and have their contactless tickets scanned.
- AllSecure Health & Safety Standards – As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, FLIBS will be organized in accordance with Informa Markets’ newly enhanced AllSecure health and safety standards, as well as all official government and local authority guidance and regulations. With the new AllSecure standards in place, FLIBS will follow the GBAC (Global Biorisk Advisory Council) standards for enhanced cleaning, including undergoing deep cleaning before, during, and after each day’s events to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness. All attendees can expect a contactless ticketing system and thermo imaging systems for temperature checks taken at all entrances. Additional measures on cleaning and hygiene, physical distancing, protect and detect, and communication will also be implemented and required. For full details, or to download a complete guide of Informa’s AllSecure health and safety guidelines, visit https://www.flibs.com/en/attend/COVID-19.html.
- Know Before You Go Safety Video – Continuing its commitment to produce a safe, hygienic, productive and high quality event experience, organizers of FLIBS have produced a second part to their informative Know Before You Go safety video outlining some of the major changes visitors can expect at this year’s show. Be sure to check out the latest Know Before You Go Safety Video, available HERE.
- The Windward VIP Club – Sponsored by Swiss luxury watchmaker, Ulysse Nardin, the Official Timekeeper of FLIBS and Douglas Elliman Real Estate, the Windward VIP Club is an annual highlight of the show and is located on the main dock at Bahia Mar. The Windward VIP Club will take over the Captain’s Lounge and Tower Building with outdoor terraces for shore and water views. New perks that are sure to elevate the exclusive Windward VIP experience this year include extended show hours starting at 8:00 am; a luxury premium open bar, featuring Whitehaven wine, the Official White Wine of FLIBS; gourmet food offerings; and a concierge for booking appointments with manufacturers and yacht brokers. Availability is limited with day-of ticketing available for purchase.
- NBC Sports Group will be returning with its Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show one-hour network special from FLIBS this year. The show will air on Sunday, Nov. 1 at 4:30 p.m., on the NBC Sports Network in over 90 million U.S. households, plus on-demand via NBC Sports and NBC Sports YouTube. The one-hour FLIBS special features a behind-the-scenes and insider’s view of the 61st annual show highlighting FLIBS’ magnitude, extraordinary vessels, debuts, technical innovations and performance reviews as well as the luxurious lifestyle attractions. The NBC Sports program, sponsored in part by Lexus, the Official Automobile partner of FLIBS, will also reveal the 3rd annual “Best of Show” presented to the most innovative new boat model design on display as selected by a panel of independent, well-regarded judges. This year, FLIBS will welcome the return of its 2019 “Best of Show” award-winner, the luxury superyacht Majesty 140 by Dubai-based superyacht builder, Majesty Yachts.
- New Debuts – This year’s show will feature exciting new yacht debuts from some of the world’s most recognized manufacturers, including the world debut of Ocean Alexander’s 27Explorer, 32Legend and 36Legend, Princess Yachts’ North American debut of the Y78, and Azimut’s Magellano 25 Metri, among many others.
FLIBS is a major economic driver benefitting the marine industry, the city of Fort Lauderdale, and the state of Florida with a total statewide economic impact of $1.3 billion as a result of last year’s show and over $714 million in product sold over the 5-day event. More than 8,000 full-time jobs were associated with show in 2019.
To purchase tickets or for additional information on ticket and hospitality packages and parking details, please visit the website: FLIBS.com.
For images and press materials, contact [email protected] or access the 2020 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show Digital Press Kit.
About The Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
The 61st annual Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show will be held October 28 – Nov. 1, 2020 in the Yachting Capital of the World. Owned by the Marine Industries Association of South Florida (MIASF) and produced by Informa Markets, the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show (FLIBS) is recognized as the largest in-water boat show in the world and is sponsored in part by Lexus, the Official Automotive of FLIBS, Swiss luxury watchmaker, Ulysse Nardin, the Official Timekeeper of FLIBS, Douglas Elliman Real Estate and Whitehaven wine, the Official White Wine of FLIBS. FLIBS spans nearly 90 acres across three million square-feet of exhibit space that is connected by an intricate network of water and ground transportation services. The five-day show attracted over 100,000 attendees and 1,000 exhibitors representing 52 countries with more than 1,300 boats on display in 2019. For more information, visit FLIBS.com.