A Breath Of Fresh Air At North Point Marina
Published: Tuesday, April 21, 2020
Are the historic high-water levels on Lake Michigan affecting your marina? Are your docks underwater? Do you have to walk through water just to get to your dock? Are you concerned for the safety of yourself and your boat? At North Point Marina, you can breathe easy knowing you and your boat are well protected.
North Point Marina was built in the late 1980s during the last historically-high water level period on Lake Michigan. With almost 1500 floating wet slips, North Point is the largest marina on the Great Lakes, easily accommodating mega yachts. Yet, words like tranquil, safe, serene, friendly, and relaxing describe this floating dock harbor that has been engineered to withstand the current conditions we are experiencing today; you and your boat will be safe from rising water levels.
While breathing easy, you can also enjoy everything North Point Marina has to offer. The marina is conveniently located inside an Illinois State Park halfway between Milwaukee and Chicago, just minutes off I-94. Once you are relaxing in your new home away from home, you can take in a “Breath of Fresh Air” and enjoy everything Mother Nature has to offer with miles of hiking and biking trails, bird observation towers, sandy beaches, and wildlife roaming free just steps from your docks.
In addition to the wonders Mother Nature will provide, North Point Marina is a full-service marina with every amenity one would need:
- New Swimming Pool and Event Pavilion
- New Ship’s Store
- Skipper Bud’s North Point offers boat sales, service, and storage
- Tropics Restaurant
- Winthrop Harbor Yacht Club
- The largest charter fishing fleet on Lake Michigan
- Slips sizes ranging from 30’ to 110’ with electric, water, and dock box at each slip
- Jet ski and dinghy docks
- Comcast Cable TV and high-speed internet to each slip
- Free Wi-Fi
- Bathhouses conveniently located just steps from your dock with private showers and laundry facilities
- Private slip holder gated parking
- Individually coded access systems to docks, parking, and bathhouses
- On-site security
- Metra Train stop at the entrance to the marina with service to Chicago and Kenosha
- Fuel, pump outs, fish cleaning station, and launch ramps
- Transient slip with reservations available through www.dockwa.com
New for 2020, visitors will find the Harbor Brewing Company Taproom and Biergarten featuring local hand-crafted beers, wines and spirits, as well as the new Yacht Dawgs Hot Dog Stand. Bicycle, kayak, and stand-up paddleboard rentals are available, and you can now sign up for poolside yoga.
With all these wonderful amenities, what else could a person ask for? Events and festivals, maybe? We have those too, including our annual Venetian Night Lighted Boat Festival and Red, White and Blue Dock Party, live music, and movie nights—to name a few.
Come visit us at North Point Marina and experience everything we have to offer. We bet you will be breathing easier with your boat docked in the safe harbor of North Point Marina, Winthrop Harbor, Illinois. Contact us at 847-746-2845 or email [email protected] to schedule a tour of your new home away from home.
This article first appeared in the Spring Issue (Mar/Apr) 2020 of Great Lakes Scuttlebutt magazine.