Great Lakes Scuttlebutt is dedicated to providing
effective, free access to Great Lakes businesses.
Below are other free resources we've found on the Great Lakes!
*Unless otherwise noted, all links below will take you outside of our website;
We have no control over these websites.*
Lake Michigan Sail Racing Federation (LMSRF) - the Regional Sailing Association for the greater Lake Michigan area plus nearby inland lakes. A subscription to their e-newsmagazine (Lake Michigan SuRF) is free to anyone interested in sailing on Lake Michigan.
Boating Safety Brochures - a great addition to owner's manuals and boat owner information packets, and may be printed on your own.
boatlive365.org - a website dedicated to providing boating safety resources and materials to advocates of the boating lifestyle
America's Boating Club (formerly the US Power Squadrons) creates free educational videos.
Michigan Department of Natural Resources
- https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79119_79146_82449---,00.html - weekly fishing reports around the state of Michigan
- https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79119_79146_81206-448900--,00.html - Michigan starting points to provide you with information on many fishing sites and times of the year when great opportunities exist
- https://midnr.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=e847f371787f40029172a72b2b9cda8a - An interactive map showing family-friendly fishing spots around Michigan
Lake Erie Specific materials
- Lake Erie Living Magazine
- Lake Erie Marine Trades Association (LEMTA)
- Live video feeds of weather and wave conditions at Stone Lab (Gibraltar Island), Put-in-Bay, and the tip of South Bass Island before your visit: https://ohioseagrant.osu.edu/research/live/cameras