Great Lakes Scuttlebutt is dedicated to providing
effective, free access to Great Lakes businesses.
Below are other free resources we've found on the Great Lakes!
*Unless otherwise noted, all links below will take you outside of our website;
We have no control over these websites.*
Lake Michigan Sail Racing Federation (LMSRF) - the Regional Sailing Association for the greater Lake Michigan area plus nearby inland lakes. A subscription to their e-newsmagazine (Lake Michigan SuRF) is free to anyone interested in sailing on Lake Michigan.
Boating Safety Brochures - a great addition to owner's manuals and boat owner information packets, and may be printed on your own.
boatlive365.org - a website dedicated to providing boating safety resources and materials to advocates of the boating lifestyle
America's Boating Club (formerly the US Power Squadrons) creates free educational videos.
Discover Boating is a national campaign aimed at helping people begin their boating lifestyle. It's full of great 'beginner level' information and contains a wealth of knowledge.
Michigan Department of Natural Resources
- https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79119_79146_82449---,00.html - weekly fishing reports around the state of Michigan
- https://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-350-79119_79146_81206-448900--,00.html - Michigan starting points to provide you with information on many fishing sites and times of the year when great opportunities exist
- https://midnr.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=e847f371787f40029172a72b2b9cda8a - An interactive map showing family-friendly fishing spots around Michigan
Lake Erie Specific materials
- Lake Erie Living Magazine
- Lake Erie Marine Trades Association (LEMTA)
- Live video feeds of weather and wave conditions at Stone Lab (Gibraltar Island), Put-in-Bay, and the tip of South Bass Island before your visit: https://ohioseagrant.osu.edu/research/live/cameras