Frequently Asked Questions
You can click on each question to jump to the answer!
- I have something I want to share. How do I submit a press or article to Great Lakes Scuttlebutt?
- How do I advertise in Great Lakes Scuttlebutt?
- Where can I find a hard copy of Great Lakes Scuttlebutt?
- Does Great Lakes Scuttlebutt offer a subscription?
- How else can I get involved with Great Lakes Scuttlebutt?
- What are these "giveaways" all about?
Articles are free to submit for consideration for publication. Please follow a few simple guidelines:
- Any submission should be sent to [email protected]
- Articles should be between 250-400 words complete with a title, body, and contact information for those that are interested in learning more
- Any and all pictures should be attached to the email as high resolution (300 dpi) JPG, TIFF, PDF, or PNG files. Please send original, uncropped photos. Photos placed on a Word document cannot be accepted.
All press/articles received are considered for use in our newsletter, website, online magazine, and/or print magazine on a first-come, first-serve basis with preference given to current advertisers. It is by no means necessary for anyone to advertise in order for the article/press to be published, but due to the sheer number of submissions we receive, it is important that we make that distinction.
While Great Lakes Scuttlebutt will do the best to keep the article as close to the original as possible, please keep in mind that Great Lakes Scuttlebutt has the right to make corrections. Also, Great Lakes Scuttlebutt cannot assume liability for unsolicited manuscripts and photographs.
For more information regarding placing an advertisement for your company, product or service, please visit our "Advertising Info" page. Click here to go now.
For more information regarding placing a classified advertisement for your boat for sale, please visit our "Classified Order Form." Click here to go now.
You can pick up our magazine for free at any of our 1,500+ distribution locations around the Great Lakes. To find out the location nearest you, visit our "Magazine Distribution" page or CLICK HERE.
Yes! A subscription to Great Lakes Scuttlebutt is $15.00 USD for one year for delivery to a U.S. address; $20 CAD per year for delivery to a Canadian address. You can subscribe to home delivery of Great Lakes Scuttlebutt by mailing your name, address, phone number, and email address (optional) along with your payment to:
Great Lakes Scuttlebutt
7862 W Central Ave. Suite F
Toledo, OH 43617
- Visit our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/GreatLakesScuttlebutt
- Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/GLScuttlebutt
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/GLScuttlebutt
- Sign up for a free subscription to our online magazine. The online version of Great Lakes Scuttlebutt is interactive allowing you to print or download what you are interested in or simply click on websites and email addresses to connect directly with what you see. Click here to sign up.
- Sign up for our weekly newsletter. Our newsletter highlights interesting articles and contains information about our current giveaways. Click here to sign up.
All email addresses and mobile phone numbers provided to Great Lakes Scuttlebutt are kept private.
Great Lakes Scuttlebutt is committed to providing a resource to the Great Lakes boater and sometimes we feel it is best that you (our fans) have a chance to experience these resources yourselves! We run a contest every chance we can: weekly, monthly, etc. -- all with no obligation; we just want you to try out the latest in Great Lakes boating destinations and gear! See what's on the horizon.
Should you be the randomly-selected winner, we will contact you with information on how to claim your prize at the email address or phone number you provided. We allow for 2-3 days for a response before we select a new winner. All prizes are shipped at no expense to you and with no further obligation. However, we always ask that you send in a photo of yourself/family with your prize to add to our Winner's Gallery. This isn't required - but it sure is fun!