Chicagoland Fishing, Travel, and Outdoor Expo
Date: January 23 - 26, 2020
Location: Show map
Schaumburg Convention Center
1551 North Thoreau Drive
Schaumburg, IL 60173
Reeling in the best fishing deals, activities and seminars to the Chicagoland area, the 2020 Progressive Insurance Chicagoland Fishing, Travel & Outdoor Expo returns to the Schaumburg Convention Center, Thursday, January 23 – Sunday, January 26, 2020.
The annual “Sportfishing Spectacular" is a one-stop shop for fishing fanatics, families and outdoor enthusiasts looking for the latest products and best deals on fishing gear, boats, kayaks and dozens of travel destinations. The Expo, one of the most interactive of its kind, also offers hands-on education from some of the best anglers and manufacturers in the world.
Highlights of the 2020 show include:
- NEW! Women in Fishing: During the Expo, guests will have the chance to meet with female fishing guides, anglers, and owners of women-owned fishing businesses, in addition to participating in a Women in Fishing ‘Meet & Greet’ at 9 a.m. and panel on at 10 a.m. on Sunday, January 26.
- The Travel Pavilion: Attendees will have the opportunity to meet with travel planners from more than 75 lodges, resorts, charters and guides from North America and beyond and book their next outdoor getaway directly at the Expo.
- Fishing Fun for All: This year’s Expo will feature an array of fishing experiences and educational opportunities, including an indoor fly-fishing pond and a 5,000-gallon Hawg Trough stocked with bass and pan fish. Attendees may also learn what it’s like to fight a fish using an interactive fishing simulator. Friday through Sunday, kids may learn about fly tying and entomology, the study of insects. Plus, aspiring anglers are invited to attend the NEW! Fishing 101 at the popular Chauncey’s Great Outdoors, offering beginners tips on how to get started in fishing.
- A Taste of the Great Outdoors: In addition to picking up the latest outdoor gear and apparel, the expo gives attendees a taste of the wilderness with an experience at the Wings and Talons booth, which will be filled with live raptors and trained Raptor Handlers from Raptor Education, Stewardship and Conservation, a 501(c)(3) non‐profit organization.
- Manufacturer Meet-and-Greet: Manufacturers will be on-site to answer questions and educate attendees on the best products for their fishing goals. Guests may then make purchases based on that information from one of the local retailers exhibiting in the show.
- Family Day: On Sunday, January 26, kids 11 and younger will get in FREE and can participate in a scavenger hunt to explore the show floor.
Dates & Times
Thursday, January 23 and Friday, January 24: 12 - 8pm
Saturday, January 25: 10am – 7pm
Sunday, January 26: 10am – 5pm