RECIPE: Chorizo Queso Dip
Published: Wednesday, January 31, 2018
By: Rebecca Lopez, The Crafted Sparrow
- 8 oz Chorizo, cooked
- 8 oz Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (See Note)
- 8 oz Pepper Jack Cheese, shredded (See Note)
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Salsa
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro, finely diced
- Scallions for garnish
- Cook chorizo in a skillet on medium-high heat, drain and set aside.
- Spray a large skillet with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add softened cream cheese, milk, and salsa. Stir with a whisk until combined over low to medium heat.
- Once combined, you can add both shredded cheeses, using a rubber spatula or spoon to stir until the cheese is melted.
- Toss in cilantro and combine.
- At the end, add in most of the cooked chorizo and give it a quick stir, reserve about 1/4 cup to put on top with garnish.
- Transfer queso dip to a serving dish and top with remaining chorizo and scallions for the garnish. Goes well with Triscuits or tortilla chips.
Makes about 3-4 cups.
>> You can substitute one can of Rotel for the salsa.
>> Be sure to use block cheese and shred it yourself; the pre-shredded kind will not melt well and you will get a lumpy dip.
>> You can leave out the cilantro if you don't love it.
>> When the queso dip is finished cooking, it can be transferred to a crockpot on the "warm" setting.